LEGOLAND California is located in Carlsbad: North County, San Diego. With over 60 rides, shows and attractions geared for kids ages 2-12, LEGOLAND is perfect for locals and tourists. We purchased an annual pass before my husband deployed and it was a great investment.
Sometimes annual passes for amusement parks only get used once or twice a year, but since LEGOLAND very close to the front gate of Camp Pendleton, and 20-30 minutes from San Diego, it’s easy to get to and makes for a great afternoon when the kids are bored. I’ve stopped by for a few hours after school with my son and go on a few rides and am able to leave without spending a dime or waiting in lines at most rides.
A lot their rides are educational and/or encourage group play. I think it’s the only place I don’t have to fight with my son about playing his iPod too much!
Passes at ITT at Camp Pendleton are $142.50 for a year pass. The Military Year Pass has no blackout days, includes parking and includes admission to the LEGOLAND CA Waterpark and Sea Life Aquarium. Each pass also comes with a complimentary one day pass. It’s a bit of an investment in the beginning, but you get a whole year of memories and fun. Click for pass details http://california.legoland.com/tickets/Buy-Membership/
LEGOLAND California Tips & Things to Know
- Lines are very short during the week – take advantage!
- Some rides require each child to have an adult with them. The employees are great at helping accommodate this. When it’s not busy, an employee will ride with my other child, but if they are busy they will watch one child while I ride with the other.
- If you purchase anything at the park, but are not ready to leave, they have a package pickup service that transfers your package to the front of the park so you don’t have to lug your bags around all day.
- Check the events calendar for ongoing fun. My son and daughter’s favorites are the Brick-or-Treat Halloween Trail, and Holiday Snow Days.
- Build your own LEGO racer at Imagination Zone
- The waterpark’s heated pools are shallow, so kids can have fun while parents relax.
- SEA LIFE Aquarium has hands-on learning and up close encounters with amazing sea creatures
- Don’t stress about feeding and changing the young ones. Visit the Baby Care Center to use the rocking chairs, microwaves, changing tables and high chairs.